Friday, March 4, 2016

Week 12

Adventures in telling family, taking more antibiotics, skating on the river, and canine photography...

First Artemis and I spent a lot of time on the river in what we suspect will be the last week of skating before everything melts. Then we got called in to follow up with our UTI and they found more bacteria... and then I broke a skate on the last skate of the season.

At least the bump picture still got taken.

Things still don't feel real but we're telling family on Friday anyway. That should be fun and we're excited to not have to hide it any more.

Please look at these pretty pictures.






What can I say? I like to take photos of my dog in the snow/on the ice.

I totally snapped my skate mid stride. It is no longer functional as a skate.

Like really, not at all.

It's weird to get to week 12 and not feel like I'm pregnant, or look like I'm pregnant. 

Only apparently that's not weird at all. Symptoms are supposed to ease off and you head into the second trimester and it's not uncommon not to show until way later with one's first pregnancy. 

So be it.

Meanwhile, yes, telling family is awesome. Everyone is really excited, fairly surprised, and VERY HAPPY.

This is a huge benefit to being someone who said she would never have children. My family totally believed me (and well they should have, I meant it) and they are now totally surprised, but in the best possible way.

Oh, and I find myself unbuttoning the top button of my pants at night. Anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment